Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome To The Dream World

Well, its not really a 'dream world', but my sisters sometimes call my world a dream world.  That's ok.  Quite frankly, I believe that my version of the world is much better than most people's so we'll go with that.  My mind houses pictures of roller-coasters, jet planes, perfectly tied hairbows and nerf darts that are properly put away where they belong.  Not rainbows and visions of vacations to some old ruins (or coliseums, as some would say), but real-life stuff that we just. plain. like.  Yes, I LOVE a clean house, but it doesn't always happen.  When it does, I feel a great sense of accomplishment at looking at the rows of nerf darts in their shoeboxes WITH lids.  I also feel a great sense of pride when one of the kids recites their bible verse that they were supposed to memorize.  But, that doesn't always happen either.  Sometimes one of them will open up the Holy Bible, flip to the book of Mark, and read with great confidence that God told Jesus, "My son, you are not a dork."  That's real.  That's what this blog is about.  REAL life in a REAL family and all of the LOVE that goes with it.

I've given in to the pressure.  I've created a blog.  I THINK that many will find it interesting, but if this thing doesn't fly, I'll take it down.  I'm not one to leave something sitting out there forever for no good reason, although some may find that my MySpace profile is still floating out there, but only because I haven't printed off my blogs from when I was pregnant with the twins.  Rest assured, though, once those things are successfully printed, it'll be gone into a technological no-man's land.  If you want to follow, feel free.  If not, don't.  I think that family members that live out-of-town might get the biggest benefit from this endeavor, but anybody who wants a quick insight into what a little bit of family chaos is like would possibly enjoy the posts and pics.

A lot of this will deal with homeschooling, seeing as how much of our lives consists of this routine.  Routine?  Well, sort of.  We started out with a pretty rigid routine, but as we got more comfortable with what in the world we were doing, we relaxed a little.  So, once our school year starts back, watch for posts written by Mrs. Nelson...you know, Mrs. Nelson Is Missing?  Hopefully all posts won't be authored by 'Mrs. Nelson'.  Maybe some will actually be written by me...just depends on the day and how much english/grammar Ryan has had to try and comprehend. 

Some posts will be about normal, every day operations, and a few will consist of vacations and trip details and pics.  I won't bother writing about mine and Craig's recent trip to Kentucky.  Most of that was covered with Facebook.  The family will be going to Michigan in July to attend a Life Action Family Camp.  I have absolutely no doubts that there will be P-L-E-N-T-Y to blog about upon our return home.  If nothing else, tune in just to see what Daisee's 15-hour, strapped-in-a-torture-chamber road trip was like...for her and for us.  LOTS of Dora videos going along for the in-house DVD player.

So, starting tomorrow I'm gonna try to find something about us that would amuse you.  We'll start with a good mental picture of the Stewart household.  Probably won't be anything super dramatic, but you never know. 

With all that being said, sit back, relax a little, and do some reading.  You might actually be able to breathe a little easier when you're done.


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment