Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Garden Is Growing!

Thanks to the guidance of Papa Tim, our garden has exploded!  We've already pulled up and cooked our new potatoes, and soon the squash will be ready. 



I can't believe how quickly the process goes.  It seems like just a couple of weeks ago everything was put in the ground, and now check out that corn.  I'm gonna feel like Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton did when they were running through that corn field in the F5 final scene of Twister.  Ok, maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.

I don't know how much money that we'll have actually saved, seeing as how we've spent a fortune, it seems, just on keeping it watered.  Saving money wasn't really the purpose, though.  It was mainly to give all of us the experience and satisfaction of knowing that we all played a part in something, and seeing it through.  The boys got a thrill out of pulling up the potatoes.  I got a thrill out of watching them do something that I remember doing a time or two at my grandmother's house, so its all been very much worth the effort.

So, the next time you see me, look for the dirt under my fingernails.  That means we've either been pulling up food, or I dug around in the dirt to make you think so.

Have a lovely weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment