Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cheese Fries And Heart Attacks

Yesterday was the beginning of a quiet week for us.  Pretty much the first quiet, ordinary week of the summer.  Craig and I went to Kentucky for a couple of days two weeks ago, and last week was VBS.  While both of those events were lots of fun, I'm thankful for yesterday, especially, as I was able to clean my house.  We talked about contentment in Sunday School this past week, and my definition of contentment is having a clean house.  The day when the laundry is done, floors are clean, toilets don't smell like those of a truck stop, and furniture is no longer mounded with last week's snack remnants.  Its a good day.  Kind of like a national holiday in my book.  It normally happens about every two weeks here, but in my perfect world, I'd love for it to happen once a week.  Yeah, mmmhmmm...

I've been keeping my buddy, Riley, for the last couple of weeks.  Three days a week, his mom brings him here to hang with us during the day.  For those of you that I went to school with, you should know who his dad is just by looking at this picture:





Yep, its Dan Leavell's boy.  Isn't he a cutie?  Looks just like his daddy.  He and Gavin are big buds, and all is well when Gavin is here to play with him.  However, Gavin isn't with us this week and Riley isn't very happy about it.  We manage to find some things to do, but he's looking forward to next week when his buddy is back. 

Tonight Craig and I will go to Outback Steakhouse for his Father's Day gift.  I love Craig.  He's such a good man, and an even better husband and dad.  I love him so much, that I gave him a certificate for cheese fries from Outback.  I don't like cheese fries from Outback.  No, I mean I LIKE them, but I don't like what they do to your arteries.  Did you know that those things are on a top ten list of the WORST foods for you?  Really...they are.  But, oh my...they're so good.  Before Craig and I were together, he got cheese fries quite often. I decided that I liked him a whole lot, so I encouraged him to give up cheese fries and cokes because I wanted him around for a while.   I'm not a complete health nut, but I do try and be conscious of what and how much of what I eat.  I knew those things were on 'the list' so I encouraged him to cut those things out.  No more cokes, and no more super-truckloads of grease at a time.  We may die from the effects from aspartame, but it wouldn't be because our bodies couldn't handle the sugar intake or the grease buildup.  Pick which one kills you, right?  Anyway, a once-a-year indulgence won't keel you over, I hope.  All I can say is that this is real love. Definitely ask me about this tomorrow, as I feel my arteries sluggishly trying to push the nasties on through.  Ugh.  (But I'll enjoy it...TODAY only.  No more for a year.)

Alright, short blog, but that's it.  Uneventful stuff, but I love some down-time.  Watch the skies today and you might catch some rain.  Its coming. 

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm wondering if I should have had cheese fries for breakfast! ;) I'm with you on the clean house thing!

    ReplyDelete