Sunday, May 26, 2013

Diapers, Bibs, and Burp Cloths...Oh My!

Things are starting to look real around here. Like, it looks like we're about to birth a baby at any given day.   And I mean, a BABY.  We have bottles, burp cloths, diapers, wipes, teethers, and bibs, along with a whole lot of other stuff. We even brought this up from the basement . . .


Our Sunday School class gave us a baby shower last week and they gave us a lot of our essentials that we're gonna need, which is a ginormous blessing . . .


Its kinda funny, because they asked us for a list of things to get.  One thing I asked for was gift cards.  This is because I just got to where I was really unsure about Maya's sizes for clothes, but of course, she's gonna need clothes.  We converted her European sizes to American, and according to the conversion chart she's wearing 18-month sizes.  When I looked at some of the 18-month clothes, they just looked so small.  I decided that we should just have a few things here for when she came home that would be easy to fit, and then we'd be able to figure out her real size quickly and go find more things in the correct one.  But, you know how it is.  You go in for one thing, find 3 cute things, and leave with 7 cute things, HOPING that they're gonna fit.  I bought 24-month clothes so hopefully they'll work.  If not I can always take them back for exchanges.  Just LOOK . . .

 

Craig and I were kidless this weekend, so we took the opportunity to go out and get more of what we're needing for travel and when she gets home . . .


I don't care how many kids you have, its always so exciting to go out a buy stuff for a new one.  Even though Maya is 3, she's very much at the developmental stage of a baby, so we were absolutely baby-shopping again, and it was fun.  Its just one of those things that never gets old.

We received word the end of last week that our dossier had gone through the final stages of approval.  I'm not 100% sure on this, and I've emailed our social worker to verify, but I think that because of this, we should be assigned a court date next week.  It seems that I've read in a couple of articles, as well as talked to a few other families adopting from BG, that a court date is imminent within 48 hours of this step.  Again, not positive on that, but that's my thinking right now. 

. . .which is why we're getting ready!  Once court is over, we believe we'll be able to travel a couple of weeks afterward to bring Baby Girl home.

June still looks possible, but we'll be cutting it close.  Just keep praying that things will run quickly and smoothly and that she'll be home very soon!

I'll post another update as soon as we get more information.

Love,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment