Monday, March 11, 2013

Back To Normal

We've been home for almost three days now, and I'll tell ya . . . it feels good.  It was a teary reunion at the airport between us and our family, and we've settled back into routines.  It feels good.

Ryan, Gavin and myself headed back to Birmingham today to do a radio interview with John Walden at Revocation Radio.  Ryan has become a regular listener and he's been pretty interactive with the guys that run the show in the mornings.  A few weeks ago, he mentioned to them that we were adopting from overseas and they gave him an invitation to come to the studio and talk about where we were in the process and provide some advocacy for adoption in general.  It was a neat experience for him . . .

 
Unfortunately for me, I was warned immediately as I walked into the studio that I would have a mic, too, in case of emergency.  Ryan did a really good job, but there were definitely times that he needed a back-up.  I ended up talking a little more than I probably would've liked, but all in all, I think we got our point of the importance of adoption across.  Ryan said he was both nervous and excited about being heard all over the airways, but in the end I think he enjoyed himself.  If you'd like to hear the interview, you can shoot me an email at paigestewart0120@hotmail.com and I'll send you the audio.  I'd put them on here, but I don't know how, and Craig isn't here to flex his technology muscles.
 
We're in the process of filling out more paperwork for Maya's arrival home.  Here's our next big prayer request for you:  we think we need a court date by May 15th for her to be able to come home by (hopefully) June.  The government in her country is going through some 'stuff' right now, and they're holding new elections on that date.  So . . . pray that things go through and we get something before then.  If we don't, there's a possibility that we could experience some delays.  WE DON'T WANT DELAYS.  We just want to get her home yesterday (did I say that?), so we want things to go through as quickly as possible.
 
So there ya go.  A quick little update, but that's all I've got.  Just remember to pray for our girl!
 
Love,
 
Paige
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment