Monday, January 7, 2013

God Showed Up

I know we're all excited about this football game.  Our eyes are glued to the tube, too.  BUT.  I've gotta tell you about how God showed up today.

Last Friday, we took our first withdrawal out of our 'emergency fund'.  This was our Dave Ramsey money . . . meaning he says to leave money in an untouched account that equals 3 or 6 months worth of expenses.  My hubby is all about Dave Ramsey, so our fund was fully funded.  Up until last Friday.  This was completely ok, though.  We know that God has called us to the purpose of adopting Maya, so we've been prepared to use that money.  Let me tell you, though.  God doesn't call you to a task without equipping you to do so.  Haven't I said that before?

Back in November, I spent HOURS preparing and sending out grant applications.  I had four organizations that I was going to send applications to, and I prayed hard over those things before I sent them out.  I had no idea what would happen.  I didn't really know how these people went about choosing who got what, but I knew that we could forego our applications and get absolutely nothing, or we could give it a shot and see what happened. 

Last Friday, we took $2000 out of our emergency fund.  It was the first time we had touched that fund.  Today, I went to the mailbox.  I saw an envelope from Families Outreach, one of the organizations that we had submitted a grant application to. 

I'll let you read it.

 
Sorry for the horrible image...something was wrong with the photo uploader so I had to use my webcam :).
 
I'm sure you get my point.  We've prayed and prayed for the Lord's provision with this, and just when it might start to hurt just a teeny bit, He shows up.  Not a minute too late, not a dollar short.  Do you see that we withdrew $2000, and we got a grant for $2000?  That's not coincidence!  He knows what we need, when we need it. 
 
We haven't yet heard from any of the other organizations, but even if we don't receive another dime, I believe He did this just to drive home His point.  The point that says, "TRUST ME".  We've been blessed with a few donations from others, and every time another dollar shows up, we hear Him. 
 
We hear you, sweet Father, and we're honored to fulfill your purpose, and to be your children.
 
If you ever doubt, call me.  Email me.  Facebook me.  Just do something.  God is something you don't want to miss out on.
 
Keep praying!
 
Much love,
 
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment