Monday, September 12, 2011

The Kids Are Growing . . .

Our weekend was fast and furious, but in a good way.  We knew that Ryan was going to be eligible for his first cadet flight, but we thought it wouldn't happen until this week, which was great.  We didn't have a lot of plans to keep us busy, so a couple of hours would be a-ok to work in.  However, as things often happen, that didn't go quite as planned.  The boys went and spent the night with their dad Friday night, and as soon as I walked in from sending them off, I got an email from his instructor.  He wanted to fly him the next morning at 8 AM.  Well . . . ok.  This wasn't an opportunity Ryan wanted to pass up, so we took it. 

Listen to me.  My boy . . . my little boy . . . flew that plane.  Of course, his instructor was with him, but, according to him, he turned the controls over to the co-pilots (there was another cadet riding, too).  He assisted with take-off and landing, but pretty much let them do the rest. They flew to the Fayette airport and took back off again to come back to T-town.  According to Mr. Barnes, "as long as you have blue on top and green down below, you're pretty good".  It must not be very hard to fly a plane if he trusts a 12-year-old to handle it. 

Note:  I will not be riding in an airplane with my son at the controls anytime soon.

Needless to say, Ryan absolutely loved his experience.  I think this further solidifies his interest and love of aviation, and I must say that I'm awfully proud.  Its no secret how much I love planes, too, so I'm just gonna enjoy this with him and ride it ever how long he sticks with it. 

A couple more pics . . .



This one below is him with his headset on, ready to roll!



Ok, Gavin wanted to do something, so he helped get the plane back into the hangar . . .


So, the stress of having to fit this in Saturday comes in here.  We had planned for Saturday to be Daisee's birthday party day.  Can you believe it?  She's turning TWO!


Don't you love the Dora party dress?  It all worked out just fine, and we ran back home from the airport just in time to make the grand affair.  We all just love some sweet Daisee . . .





Its just hit me that there's nobody else in any of these pictures.  I mean, we could've taken pictures of our guests, right?  Sheesh.  I promise, there were more at her party than just she and me.  One thing I never claimed to be was a professional photographer.  We had lots of family and a few friends that were coming to watch the ballgame, too, so we had a great day . . . and Daisee crashed around 4 for a good nap.

More to come when the next inspiration hits me!



Love,



















No comments:

Post a Comment