Friday, August 5, 2011

School Bell's A Ringin' . . .

It's time.  We were going to wait another couple of weeks, but oooohhhh . . . it's time. 

Did you ever think that your kids would actually admit to being bored during the summer?  Did you ever think you'd look at them, they'd look at you, and they'd say, "When are we starting school"?  Really?  You didn't?  Well, me either.  And it hasn't actually happened that way, but Ryan did admit to being bored with TV (and the heavens glowed and shouted the 'Hallelujah' chorus . . .) and that never, EVER happens. 

I think that, up until a week ago, we were so on-the-go that nobody even had time to think, let alone be bored.  When this past Monday arrived, though, things got quiet . . . except for the TV and Xbox.  It was too bloomin' hot to do anything outside and I needed some quality time with my toilet brush and broom so keeping the roads hot just wasn't gonna happen this week.

All was well until yesterday, when 'Pair of Kings' just wasn't gonna cut it anymore.  It was then that I decided . . . that its time.  But you know what?  I don't think they care!  I really think my munchkins are ready, too!  I mean, how exciting is that?! 

This is our second year of homeschool.  We had a few bumps last year, but hopefully some of the kinks are worked out and we can feel a little more confident.  Our school room has been painted a nice, bright color (thank you, Dan . . .)


and the instructor's tools are all in place, complete with even the classroom pet.  Co-op will begin on Friday, and the kids (Gavin, especially) are totally psyched about getting back with their buddies there. Ryan has entered the Civil Air Patrol cadet program, and that's going to give him all sorts of opportunities to explore the career he thinks he wants to have, which is being a Navy pilot someday.   Daisee will begin dayschool five days a week (1/2 days) and, voila!  Hello, routine!  So NICE to see you again!

I have to tell you how thankful I am to my fabulous, understanding, helpful, and totally supportive husband.  He's the absolute BEST!  He's never questioned my abilities in being able to do this, and I couldn't do it without his help . . . especially when it comes to that middle school math.  God has blessed us with an income that allows me to stay home with the kids and give them that one-on-one time that is really proving to be exactly what they needed, and I truly count my blessings in that.  We really believe that this is God's perfect plan for our family and I'm thrilled to see what he has planned for us in the future.

So, let us all begin our school year next week with a big "heave-ho" and we'll all work toward next May . . . or we'll think short-term and just go for Christmas break for now!

Best wishes for a GLORIOUS year!  Stay tuned for all the exciting details!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment